Apprentice – Electrical
The Apprentice – Electrical position is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems, apparatus and electrical and electronic components of machinery and facility equipment. Additional responsibilities include, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications and use hand tools, power tools and electrical and electronic test equipment.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Work closely with senior electricians to gain knowledge and skill as needed.
· Check and troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment.
· Replace faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices.
· Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications.
· Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment.
· Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment and connect cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blue prints, using hand tools and test equipment.
· Install, diagnose examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components using hand tools.
· Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity current, voltage and resistance.
· Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
· Read, interpret and apply all applicable codes and regulations as needed.
· Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
· Ensure all work is conducted in a fashion to ensure the safety of all employees.
· Use electrical PPE as required.
· Take information from pre-maintenance work orders to determine the location and the kind of work to be done.
· Interact with customer personnel to coordinate repairs or installation to their equipment.
· Use the Electrical Code Book to define sizes of cables needed when sizes of motors and the lengths of cable runs are known.
· Read schematic drawings in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
· Take measurements using high voltage testing equipment.
· Use computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
· High School Diploma or equivalent general education, the successful candidate must provide proof of Grade 12 (or GED) to Ministry of Training Consultant to become a registered apprentice.
· Successful candidates will then progress through a multi-step selection process and will be required to pass Testing/Evaluations before proceeding to an interview.
· Previous related work experience and/or training considered an asset.
· Able to prioritize work and deal with a rapidly changing work environment.
· Ability to troubleshoot and determine resolutions when encountering malfunctions in equipment.
· Ability to work independently, however, work as part of a team that includes other trades people and professionals to install, repair and maintain electrical systems and equipment.
· Receive in-house safety training to update certifications such as Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
· Learn about new equipment on the job by reading manuals and through hands-on experience.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
APPRENTICE MILLWRIGHT (INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC) POSITION TYPE: Full Time REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE MANAGER COMPANY OVERVIEW We believe Lou’s Kitchens/Skilcor Food Products is...Apply For This Job
General Labourer – Conveyor Belt Installation Job Description At Nuera Industrial, as a General Laborer, your main duties will be...Apply For This Job
Electrical Apprentice Established in 1994, Mr. Electric is a global franchise organization providing electrical installation and repair services. Recognized by...Apply For This Job