Apprentice – Millwright
The Apprentice – Millwright position is responsible for maintaining production and facility equipment in working condition for maximum uptime.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Complete work assignments ensuring work is completed thoroughly and in a timely manner.
· Perform outlined procedures for regular machine preventive/predictive maintenance program.
· Conduct troubleshooting and repair activities for machine breakdowns as necessary.
· Install new equipment coordinated with outside services, as required.
· Establish and maintain maintenance standards and develop and recommend maintenance programs.
· Notify appropriate personnel of stock deficiencies and tool/material requirements.
· Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location i.e. TS 16949, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2004.
· Support and maintain the department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements.
· Maintain performance standards.
· Apply and write the Provincial examination within one year of completion date of apprenticeship
· High School Diploma or equivalent general education. Successful candidates must provide proof of Grade 12 (or GED) to Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
· Related work experience and/or training in a machining environment (high volume automotive manufacturing environment considered an asset.
· Experience with CNC machines considered an asset.
· Computer fundamentals considered an asset; with strong mathematical skills.
· Exposure to modern manufacturing techniques (Six Sigma, LEAN mfg.) considered an asset.
· Knowledge of IATF 16949 and related procedures.
· Ability to safely lift up to 40-45 lbs. on an occasional basis.
· Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Able to demonstrate multitasking skills and deal with a rapidly changing work environment.
· Adhere to all company policies and practices.
· Work in compliance of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
· Strong Electronic/Mechanical background is considered an asset.
· Demonstrate flexibility and work between departments as required.
· Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills required.
· Well organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
APPRENTICE MILLWRIGHT (INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC) POSITION TYPE: Full Time REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE MANAGER COMPANY OVERVIEW We believe Lou’s Kitchens/Skilcor Food Products is...Apply For This Job
Apprentice Service Grant/Funding Available Apprenticeships offer a great way to get the hands-on work experience needed to pursue a career...Apply For This Job
APPRENTICE MILLWRIGHT (INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC) POSITION TYPE: Full Time REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE MANAGER COMPANY OVERVIEW We believe Skilcor Food Products is a...Apply For This Job