Durose Manufacturing Ltd, A leader and progressive manufacturer of fabricated Steel products, is seeking First Class Steel Fitters for their facility in Guelph.
Why work at Durose? We offer the following:
Comprehensive Company paid benefits package (includes health, dental, life and disability)
Afternoon Shift premium
Safety Shoe/ safety glasses program
RRSP plan with company matching
Company Social events
Duties & Responsibilities
– Must be able to Manage large custom projects with minimal supervision.
– Interpret engineered drawings to fabricate a variety of custom structures.
– Must have experience in the fabrication process of large structures
– Must have experience working safely with all standard tooling and machinery in the fabrication industry.
– Must possess a high standard of quality in workmanship and be able to fit to tight tolerances.
– Must be able to work effectively and efficiently
Required Experience & Qualifications:
– Completion of High School/High School Diploma or equivalent
– CWB Certification and or Trade Certification
– Must have minimum 7 years fitting experience
– Must be an Advanced level fitter
– Set up and Perform SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, air carbon arc gouging etc.
– Must have knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the welding industry
– Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawing specifications, structural drawings and welding symbols
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Certified Forklift/Crane Operator would be an asset
– Practise safe work procedures and follow all health & safety regulations
Day Shift – Mon to Thurs (6:30am to 4:00pm, Fri- 6:30am to 3:00pm) Afternoon Shift- Mon to Thurs (4:00pm to 3:30am)
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Durose’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You need to be signed in to apply for this position.Sign in