Urban District Developments is a high-quality custom home builder specializing in renovations, additions, and new home builds. Our commitment to excellency is in focusing with the outmost care, attention to detail, high quality craftsmanship, precision and delivering an unparalleled experience to each of our clients when giving them a home that aligns with their vision, it is what defines us and that is our mission on every project that we take on. At Urban District we are raising the bars of what it means to be a highly innovative and quality construction company, we must continue to push this industry forward in creating better construction solutions and being the leaders that steer the direction with how things are built. Our goals are not only to provide the best quality work but to change how things are done!
Urban District has five (6) core values that each one of our employees should respect and follow.
1. Quality & Customer Obsession – Urban District business structure starts with the customer and works backwards. We obsess over the customer and this is where we get our energy from.
2. Commitment to Operational Excellence – Urban District employees continue to be the foundation of our improvement, working together to continue to optimize processes, maximize efficiency, and ensure a seamless and reliable experience for the customer.
3. Innovate & Simplify – We believe in being externally aware and look for new ideas from everywhere. Urban District employees are not limited by ”not invented here”.
4. Long-Term Thinking – We believe in constructing not just for today but for the generations to come and build pushing the test of time.
5. Integrity & Trust – Urban District employees hold each other to the highest standards of professional and personal integrity. We strive to treat everyone around us respectfully, not just at work but at home and in our communities.
6. Passion – Urban District employees love what they do, taking the lead, and leading by example.
Please be sure you fit the requirements below before applying.
Skills Set Required:
1. Energetic and self-motivated; willing to go the extra mile and deliver best in class quality and custom service.
2. Solutions-oriented problem solver who can adjust and adapt.
3. Detail oriented and High degree of organization – able to coordinate many moving parts of a project and contractors building with high quality craftsmanship to meet timelines. Keeping track of multiple schedules and running lists of tasks.
4. Experience with a variety of general construction work such as framing, carpentry, and painting touch ups.
5. Budget Management – Monitoring expenses, budgets, negotiating with vendors and ensuring jobs are completed within budget.
6. Communication – Excellent communication with all team members with clear articulation, clarity, active listening, awareness, and solid collaboration in teamwork reviews.
This role is for someone looking for a challenge and that wants to push themselves to do better! You will represent the quality and innovation we have set as well as have an impact on clients and the company. You will be the driven force of overseeing, organizing, and coordinating all aspects of construction projects from permit and scheduling trades to completion – including developing timelines, organizing project tasks, getting involved where needed to achieve budgets and deadlines. Your job will be to manage, execute, organize, coordinate, and complete several large projects per year to a high-quality standard, while looking for areas to improve. This role is for someone who wants to be all in!
Requirements of the Position:
Project Planning – Create and manage project tasks for each division, identifying each and every detail, creating milestones, deadlines, and corrective measures to achieving quality. Picking selections and materials with attention to detail with layouts of designs.
Task Management – Creating each individual task for trades and site workers in areas where needed to achieve design specifications and meet quality standard layout requirements.
Project Scheduling – Create project schedules and coordinate dates for trades and deliveries.
Budget Management – Manage project budgets, expenses, and cost reports to ensure project stays on budget. Tracking and managing invoices for each project.
Risk Management – Identifying potential risks and developing strategies to avoid them. Conducting regular risk assessments, implementing safety measures, and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
Coordinating Installation Design Layouts – Coordinating design measurements and layouts with installers, site workers, and architects to ensure design specifications are matched to perfection.
Quality Control – Following quality standard expectations and establishing new quality control procedures to ensure adherence of quality throughout the entire project. Conduct inspections, quality reports, oversee testing, oversee installation dimensions, and address any issues related to quality.
Communication – Contact with trades and site employees to keep up to date with progress. Communicate all aspects to each work ensuring everyone is on the same page. Host site reviews and meetings to go over work.
Team Leadership – Lead and motivate the project team, providing guidance and direction to ensure successful project execution. Maintain a collaborative and productive work environment of teamwork.
Continuous Improvement – Identify areas for progress improvement and learning new best practices to enhance project efficiency, quality, and innovation. Learn from mistakes and apply lessons learned.
5+ Years of Project Management experience, preferably on residential projects.
Solid understanding of construction processes, regulations, building codes, and industry standards.
Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and plans.
Experience in Excel, Word, and Project Management programs.
Experience in Budget Management.
General Carpentry / handyman experience is a bonus.
Team player, trustworthiness, dependability, and all in attitude.
Valid G Driver’s License
Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
Experience with Project Management Software
Able to stand for long periods and lift to 100 lbs. when periodically.
Compensation and Perks:
– Base Pay $85K
– Health insurance.
– 2 Weeks of paid time off for first year.
– Performance bonuses.
– Opportunities to grow, expand skill sets, and take additional responsibilities.
– Enjoy the team you work with.
– Experience beautiful and challenging projects.
– Participate in company strategies.
– Company dinners and events.
– Office space for working.
– Company vehicle, phone, and computer equipment.
Extended Health Care
Paid Time Off
Monday – Friday
Weekends as Needed.
Tagged as: Construction, custom homes, management, project manager