Wilcox is looking for energetic, hardworking individuals to join our Welding Team. Full time day in our truck body division.
Welding/Fitting Technician responsibilities include:
· Fitting and welding of Aluminum and Steel truck Bodies and components
· Use of power tools to drill, grind, mark and layout components
· Use of cutting torches and plasma cutting tools
· Operation of band saw and shear equipment
· Review build components and ensure conformity to drawing specifications
· Maintaining tools and equipment through preventative maintenance activities.
· Recommending and implementing value added changes to processes.
· Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
· Performing other essential and related peripheral duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Minimum 2 – 5 years proven experience
· CWB Certification in both Aluminum and Steel
· CWB Valid welding tickets and asset
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
· Proficient in the use of measuring tools (tape measure, square etc.)
· Strong mechanical aptitude.
· Must pass physical welding test (Aluminum, Steel)
· Proficient in the use of saws, shears, oxy-acetylene torch and various other shop/hand tools.
· Understanding and familiar with the use of jigs and fixtures
· Lift truck and Jib Crane experience and asset.
· Have basic tools (Wrenches, hammers, sockets etc.)
· Demonstrated good organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Good communication skills with regards to verbal and written.
· Able to lift and move 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
· Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
· Deftness and attention to detail
· Proficient in English
Benefit package includes:
· Prescription drugs
· Long term disability
· paid vacation days
· Clothes allowance
· Safety shoe allowance
· In house CWB testing for welding ticket
· Continuous education/Training
· Job growth
Job Type: Full-time
Pay rate Pending experience.
Tagged as: welding/fitting technician